This post is to answer the discussion questions for the I AM online Bible Study Lisa at The Preacher’s Wife has so wonderfully put together. It isn’t too late to join, so feel free to hop over and join in.
I AM – Your ‘Am Nots’
From the Lesson:
By this point, you have a whole new perspective on Biblical beauty from Chapter One and the first four lessons. I pray what you have learned of God’s idea of loveliness is something you will hold on to day after day when the enemy attempts to use the mirror to tear you down. Can we resolve ahead of time to instead turn that mirror back on him? In doing this, you will remind him of a divine paradox. He used to be the most lovely of God’s creation but Sin made him repulsive. We were once repulsive in our Sin however, by faith in Jesus Christ, God has made us beautiful. Satan is the ugly one, dear! Do not let him assign his fate to you!
I’ve read this part of the lesson several times; and pray that I can continue to stay in the positive and turn the mirror back on the enemy; reminding myself God made me beautiful – as well as everyone.
1. Have you ever found yourself ‘in faith’ yet bewildered or demoralized?
Yes, struggling through many stages and turning to realize that I need to give it all to Him; it’s not my success that matters. All that matters is His Will.
2. Do you consider yourself content? Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content? Currently I do consider myself content… dreamily content; but I still walk in the decidedly content moments all of the time. I feel we have to decide to be content in what & where we are… I can’t explain.
3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling? In the past; it was my own mis-understanding of the situations and selfishness. But I’ve learned, and still learn, that what matter’s is what God thinks, not what other’s think of me.
4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by? I have, in my late teens & twenties, I was too busy in the “world,” in my own selfishness to see the opportunity available. Although, I can see the blessings and protection that was upon even during that time because a lot of trouble could have come out of that. But I see now, what I went through back then, makes me the women I am today & brings me closer to God every day.
5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now? I do believe my faith was stronger in my early teen years, then I floundered for a while – but now my faith is building stronger each day as I continue to stay in His Word and build a relationship.
6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of “I Was”? I do see totally that this season in my life is of great preparation; as every other season in my life has prepared me for what was to come. God has protected me, walked with me, held me up… all things are possible through Him, who gives me strength!