Hello everyone, I’m going to switch things up here a bit… I hope you don’t mind. I’ve been behind so much in my posting that I thought I’d get back on track by posting something (hopefully short) at the beginning of each week! Then, I’ll return to catching up and sharing more as we continue on.
Please, continue to be in prayer for this journey & let me know your thoughts of how things are going & any ideas of making it better. God bless you.
You can see this years plan by clicking on the Our Journey icon (picture) here, read through past entries, and leave your own comment of thoughts and things learned this year! Join us to read through the Bible Chronologically – this six day plan gives you Sunday off so that you can have a devoted prayer time to reflect and journal on what you’ve read throughout the week! And if needed – a day to catch up on any readings you may have missed.
Please know that you can begin with the 1st of the year or at any time you please (and then catch up when you’re able to – maybe even next year)! May God Bless you as you walk and build your relationship closer with Him!
|August 1||2 Kings 18:1-8; 2 Chronicles 29-31; Psalm 48||Week 31|
|August 2||Hosea 1-7|
|August 3||Prayer / Reflection / Journal & Bible Reading Catch Up|
|August 4||Hosea 8-14||Week 32|
|August 5||Isaiah 28-30|
|August 6||Isaiah 31-34|
|August 7||Isaiah 35-36|
|August 8||Isaiah 37-39; Psalm 76|
|August 9||Isaiah 40-43|
|August 10||Prayer / Reflection / Journal & Bible Reading Catch Up|
I’m going to back up here a day and include the beginning of Hosea in our journey this week! While you read through Hosea I’d like for you to ask yourself/think about:
- Are we loyal to God, remaining completely faithful, or have other loves taken his rightful place? Realize a love can even be materialistic objects.
How do you use your possessions?
As you prosper, consider where your money is going. Is it being used for God’s purposes, or are you consuming it all on yourself?
When you succeed at something, who gets the credit?
- Do you run to God in times of need? When disaster strikes, realize He is the only true refuge! We need to all take the time, learn to go to Him first – at the beginning of each thing new: new day, new venture, new road… and at the beginning again of each thing old – give it all to Him and know that if we come to it, He will bring us through it!
4:6 – Are you staying in His Word, continuing to learn & become knowledgeable?
7:14 – Come to him with your whole heart.
- Just as Hosea went after his unfaithful wife, showing his love – the Lord pursues us with His love. His love is tender, loyal, unchanging, and undying. No matter what, God still loves us!
- No matter how far you have strayed, God is willing to forgive you.
- Be careful of your surroundings (see 9:10); people can take on the characteristics of what or whom they love. What do you worship? Are you becoming more like God, or are you becoming more like someone or something else?
- Open up yourself to learn what it is that He wills… (10:12) Is your life ready for God to work in it? Acknowledge your sins and receive God’s forgiveness and guidance!
- Believers can avoid falling for lies by asking: (1) Am I believing this because there is personal gain in it for me? (2) Am I discounting important facts? (3) Does this conflict with a direct command of Scripture? (4) Are there any Biblical parallels to the situation I’m facing that would help me know what to believe?
I pray you all are having a great journey through His Word… thankyou for sharing it with me, HL
Filed under: Bible Journey |