for a moment…
well, I’ve been here off/on most of the evening; except to watch a movie with my DS and DH!
I wanted to share a few things with you. First – Thank you Carolyn from Scrapping Servant& Dionna from Emphasis on Moms for checking in on me. I greatly appreciate it. I have been away for quite some time as work has really taking a toll on me and I have to focus & stay on top of my priorities! (Not that you all are not a priority in my life…)
- My reading through the Word is first & foremost. Continuing to build a relationship with our heavenly Father is so exciting! I did complete for the first time in 34 years reading through the entire Bible in one year in 2008. It’s amazing to me, as I read, how much I actually do remember – as I’ve always had a hard time sharing things because I couldn’t tell them exactly where it was in the Bible or the exact words. But, I’ve learned over the last year – that He gives us the Words He needs us to share! Thank You so much Father for your continued guidance and care for me & my family. Which leads me to #2
- Being my dear husbands help meet. This can be a challenge; but continue to look forward to blessings each day as we walk our journey together! I haven’t yet had the enjoyment of reading “Created to Be His Help Meet” by: Debi Pearl yet… but pray that is accomplished soon.
- Being the mother God wants me to be to my two boys! Having an elementary and high school-er in the same house is quite amusing. My prayer: to be the example He needs me to be to continue to lead His gifts to me, to Him! And let me confess, its so VERY hard being this example – I’m messing up a lot; but returning to each & God for forgiveness too when I realize I have messed up. And the teenager… whooo – he lets me know when I mess up if I don’t figure it out quick enough. But, I must share – it’s great to watch them grow, slow as it is (thanking God for that too), into the men God wants them to be. To watch them make the choices and/or accept the guidance to make the right choices is rewarding enough in itself!
- Caregiver to my mother… and then my job – My business of Elder-Caregiving has been so rewarding and such a “God thing.” I don’t mean that disrespectful at all either. He has allowed me to learn so much throughout the years, caring for my family and friends & in education, that now I can earn a living doing this! And any time my DH, children, or mother need me at home – work is scarce. But when things are fine (if you can call it that – LOL) with everyone; work is booming! Thank You so much Father, for Your continued blessings upon our family.
- Our church… going/serving here is rewarding too!
This past year we endured and enjoyed a lot. My DH was diagnosed with lime disease; our youngest DS was diagnosed of being allergic to milk; my mother and I rang in the New Year with an awful stomach virus… but enough of the negatives – – – as that is one of my major goals too this year (STAY POSITIVE).
We enjoyed time together; our oldest DS didn’t endure as many migraines as the year before; sharing time and learning with old & new friends; growing closer to God; the roof over our heads & food on the table; and finding the quiet time for peace & joy with God.
trying to stop being so busy,