Day 6 of SHMILY Time journey with Amy at Dandelion Seeds and a group of women on Facebook, praying for our husband while reading through The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie OMartian. Today we’ve read through Chapter 6:
There are several things in this chapter that we need to be aware of:
- Prayer is vital when it comes to temptation because we need the hand of God to help us through. As human restraint is not always enough.
- The best time to start praying about temptations is before anything happens. (p. 76)
- Understand prayer does always work, we just might not like the answer, as there are three different ones: Yes, No, Wait.
- “A heart that refuses to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit will not change, no matter how hard you pray.” (p. 76)
- “The enemy of our souls knows where our flesh is the weakest and he will put temptations in our paths at our most vulnerable points.” (p. 76)
- “If your husband struggles [with or even without (as we should pray before a problem arises)] a certain area, pray that he will want to have godly prayer partners with whom he can share openly, be accountable, and receive prayer.” (p. 77)
Lord, I pray that You would strengthen my husband and I to resist any temptation that comes our way. Father free my husband from anything that tempts him from Your perfect will for his life & keep him from any temptation in the future. I pray also for Your will and protection from any temptation in my life. Help us to choose to “Walk in the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:16) Make him strong where he is weak. Reveal to me what the weakness may be so that, if You will, I may be help to him as well, knowing though You are our true refuge – fortress. Father, I pray that he will want to have godly prayer partners with whom he can share openly, be accountable, and receive prayer. Open doors for these men to be a blessing in my husband’s life. Teach him to walk in the Spirit so he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Thanks for joining me today… don’t forget to stop by Amy’s post for today!